Do I need to use proxies?

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
emiolo

Do I need to use proxies?

Post by emiolo »

Hi there, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm very new to using the Soundcloud Manager tool and I could not find the answer I was searching for in this forum.

The question is, do I need to buy/find proxies from another site to use for the SC manager? I will only use the like and follow actions for about 20 accounts at the same time.

I use the SC manager through Parallels on my mac, and at the same time running a VPN on my mac, not on the VM. Is this an alternative instead of using proxies or can Soundcloud still figure out that all accounts are run from the same computer?

I would be very grateful for any answers I could get on this subject. Sorry again for being a noob :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Do I need to use proxies?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

emiolo wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:54 pm Hi there, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm very new to using the Soundcloud Manager tool and I could not find the answer I was searching for in this forum.

The question is, do I need to buy/find proxies from another site to use for the SC manager? I will only use the like and follow actions for about 20 accounts at the same time.
Are these all your real life accounts for various projects in manage from your home machine normally? If so, then no you don't need proxies.

However, if these are new accounts used for promotion, then yes, probably you should as otherwise SC will see them all controlled from the same location and figure out you are trying to game the system

I use the SC manager through Parallels on my mac, and at the same time running a VPN on my mac, not on the VM. Is this an alternative instead of using proxies or can Soundcloud still figure out that all accounts are run from the same computer?
Depends how you use the VPN. IF you just use all the accounts through the VPN connection, then all will be routed by the same IP. If you change the VPN IP then still use all accounts, again all accounts will still route from same IP.

BUT if you change VPN IP, run some accounts only, then change IP then run other accounts, then change IP then run other accounts... there is separation between the accounts and SC will not group them together as controlled by same location / person / machine. HOWEVER, you must be careful in which accounts you use and when.

Proxies are better than VPN, as they work at application level, so the program can route specific accounts through specific proxies are the same time. Whereas a VPN is a low level program, that routes EVERYTHING through the one connection.

Regards,
Martin
emiolo

Post by emiolo »

Thank you for your answer. Yes about half of my accounts are real life accounts that I used over time and posted music on and which I use normally, and the other half are accounts I use for promoting my main accounts with likes, reposts, etc.

Very helpful advice, I will try switching locations on the VPN to split over the accounts until I can switch to some good proxies.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

emiolo wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:18 pm Thank you for your answer. Yes about half of my accounts are real life accounts that I used over time and posted music on and which I use normally,

Then these do NOT need proxies. SC just sees them being used as normally from the same location as they have always been used from. It is perfectly normal for someone to be in a couple of bands, also put out electronic music under a different account and perhaps run some genre fan accounts.

and the other half are accounts I use for promoting my main accounts with likes, reposts, etc.
So these you would want to keep separate. More so if you are being aggressive with them.

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Adamkek4 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:43 am There are various reasons for that, whether it is for personal or business reasons. I would say, that proxies are more commonly used for business purpose since it can be more useful in business cases.
please reactivate if you are not a spam account, but as you probably are you won't. So everyone ignore this nonsense reply