Still trying to figure it out

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Still trying to figure it out

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Db949 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:46 am Still trying to figure out how the software works ... When I sign into my accounts do they stay logged in until I close the software? Because it seemed to only ask me for captchas and stuff when I first signed in 2 days ago or something .. But now it seems to be smoother than first signing in .. Is this how it works and if so is it the same for IG and twitterdub?
The program uses COOKIES (the same as the website). So when you log in for the first time, the cookies are stored. You can turn your machine off and next time you go to soundcloud.com you are already logged in, the same with the program

IT is the same for twitterdub, which also uses the twitter.com website.

For instagram it is a little different, but basically the same from the user's (you) point of view. Although the mobile app will send login details sporadically to keep your login fresh, so instadub does this, but you won't notice it

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Db949 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:24 pm Will the cookies still work in the same way if I delete the account from the program and add it back? Or do I have to keep it there for it to stay working the same?
No, if you delete the account and re-add, the program treats it as a brand new account (new database IDs)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Db949 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:19 am Is there a way I can export accounts and add the accounts back without losing the cookies? Does it save the cookies when I export and add the same exact file back or am I just thinking it does? lol
What are you trying to do?
Why would you want to export then reimport it right away?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Db949 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:48 pm Not right away but later .. Because it slows down SC Manager when you have too many accounts loaded up.
How many accounts you talking about? Slowdown shouldn't happen on an adequate machine until you reach 1000+ accounts, and even then it would depend what you do