Call Actions from Python?

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
mal73

Call Actions from Python?

Post by mal73 »

Hey,

I was wondering if there was a way to call an action from, let's say, a python script.
I know the 'Increase Play' tab has a watch-folder function with some level of customisation ability but sadly the mass function or any of the other tabs like Mass Like, Mass Repost and Mass Comment do not have the ability to watch a folder. Only to repeat an action but as I see it you can only do that once a day.

So, is there a way to call an action from Python? I would love it if I could be able to start a Mass Action externally from a script.
A watch-folder function on the Mass Action would be awesome too.

Thanks for any help. :P
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Call Actions from Python?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

No, not currently possible. Hopefully in the next few months that will be addressed. But for now, the only option is writing files for actions that have a WATCH FOLDER option (not many in SCM)
whenmoon

Post by whenmoon »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:10 pm No, not currently possible. Hopefully in the next few months that will be addressed. But for now, the only option is writing files for actions that have a WATCH FOLDER option (not many in SCM)
Hey! Just stumbled on twitterdub today, I wondered if python interactions are now possible? Super interested in it as a feature! :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

whenmoon wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:33 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:10 pm No, not currently possible. Hopefully in the next few months that will be addressed. But for now, the only option is writing files for actions that have a WATCH FOLDER option (not many in SCM)
Hey! Just stumbled on twitterdub today, I wondered if python interactions are now possible? Super interested in it as a feature! :)
wow a year has gone by. Unfortunately, the year was strange and difficult and progress was not as planned. Maybe spring / early summer. But we are still a way off a releasable product.

Sorry.

If you want, you can send me your email and I can add you the mailing list to be kept uptodate. We don't sent out many mails, 3-4 a year, so you won't be inundated with pointless marketing mails. Just updates and important notices

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com