Unrepost Long Tracks (Track Length)

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
altfuturedelete

Unrepost Long Tracks (Track Length)

Post by altfuturedelete »

Is there a way to scrape and unrepost all tracks on one of my accounts that are over a specific length(like greater than 10 min)? I partner with a few repost channels via pumpyoursound and one of the channels has been reposting longer songs, podcasts, etc.. and I like to keep my channel free from super long tracks. Is there a way to do this? Or a way to scrape and filter the tracks so I can load it into the unrespost action?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Unrepost Long Tracks (Track Length)

Post by martin@rootjazz »

SCRAPE TAB

Build Custom Search
TRACKS RETWEETED BY
input your profile URL
Track Filter: MAX LENGTH

run action, saves results to file (1)
UNREPOST tab
input the file (1)

Regards,
Martin
altfuturedelete

Thanks for the reply.. here's what I'm running into.

When I go to build custom search and I select "Tracks Retweeted By" it says that the input has to be a track and output as the artists and won't let me continue.

So I tried using 'User reposted' and it seems to work, however when I run the task it's not applying the track filter.. it just returns all tracks I've ever reposted.

I'm putting the MIN Length as 10 minutes (Because I'm wanting to find all tracks longer than 10 minutes)

Any ideas?
altfuturedelete

I actually figured out what was going on.. I had a 'follow followers of' task running and I had checked the 'repost' option but within the follow action there's no way to filter track length, only artist criteria are filterable.. would be nice that if the 'repost' checkbox is selected that the tool would then also allow you to filter track properties (length, plays, etc) just like in the actual repost action tab. Would this be possible as a future update?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

altfuturedelete wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:12 pm I actually figured out what was going on.. I had a 'follow followers of' task running and I had checked the 'repost' option but within the follow action there's no way to filter track length, only artist criteria are filterable.. would be nice that if the 'repost' checkbox is selected that the tool would then also allow you to filter track properties (length, plays, etc) just like in the actual repost action tab. Would this be possible as a future update?
Although I can understand the suggestion, adding a filter to the pre-actions here means it needs to add everywhere. Then the whole routine needs to be handled to work with a filter now and loop through results finding something to meet the filter, then a drop out needs to be added to handle cases where nothing seems to meet your filter.

This then raises the issue of will there be problems due to the potential of many more pre-action searches.

Basically ends up being a hell of a lot of work, when you if you want this functionality, just use the repost tab that provides this extra functionality you want :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

altfuturedelete wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:02 pm Thanks for the reply.. here's what I'm running into.

When I go to build custom search and I select "Tracks Retweeted By" it says that the input has to be a track and output as the artists and won't let me continue.
Let me check. Either those checks are wrong, or the wording should "users who retweeted this track"
So I tried using 'User reposted' and it seems to work, however when I run the task it's not applying the track filter.. it just returns all tracks I've ever reposted.
let me test
altfuturedelete

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:59 pm
altfuturedelete wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:12 pm I actually figured out what was going on.. I had a 'follow followers of' task running and I had checked the 'repost' option but within the follow action there's no way to filter track length, only artist criteria are filterable.. would be nice that if the 'repost' checkbox is selected that the tool would then also allow you to filter track properties (length, plays, etc) just like in the actual repost action tab. Would this be possible as a future update?
Although I can understand the suggestion, adding a filter to the pre-actions here means it needs to add everywhere. Then the whole routine needs to be handled to work with a filter now and loop through results finding something to meet the filter, then a drop out needs to be added to handle cases where nothing seems to meet your filter.

This then raises the issue of will there be problems due to the potential of many more pre-action searches.

Basically ends up being a hell of a lot of work, when you if you want this functionality, just use the repost tab that provides this extra functionality you want :)
Gotcha, totally understand! I've gone in and updated my follow tasks to remove the 'repost' and added seperate repost tasks to pick up where that left off. Thanks again for the quick responses and all the help!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

>re scrape user reposted no filter

The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin